Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone
HS100 is a new drone from Holy Stone, released just a few days ago at the time of this writing. With HS100 Holy Stone seems to be trying to break into the mid-range market segment, both in quality and price. Up until now Holy Stone, an established Chinese drone manufacturer, has released low cost budget drones. That isn’t really the case with HS100.
Things like built-in GPS and stabilized HD camera make this drone very interesting, but does all that justify the hefty MSRP price of about $275? Let’s take a closer look and see if we can answer that question. Enjoy reading our Holy Stone HS100 Review !
WHAT MAKES HOLY STONE HS100 INTERESTING?
- Bulky and powerful – large size and powerful motors allow the drone to fight winds without issues
- Good range – flight range of 500m and FPV range of 150m are not that bad to be honest
- Large battery – large 2500mAh battery allows for 15 minute flight session, plus it’s replaceable
- Camera – 720p camera with a 90° adjustable tilt, adjusted using a scroll wheel on transmitter
- FPV mode – Holy Stone app lets you hook up your smartphone to the drone for FPV flying
- VR mode – FPV app has built-in VR support, but you need to purchase VR goggles separately
- Altitude hold – HS100 has a very stable altitude hold mode, which keeps the drone in air reliably
- Adjustable speed – speed is adjustable using a scroll wheel on the transmitter itself
- Additional – GPS, barometer, gyroscopes, headless mode, one-key takeoff/land, follow me mode
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BETTER?