Whether you dive with or without tanks, in saltwater or freshwater, breathing nitrox, trimix or holding your breath — Garmin Descent Mk1 is the intuitive, do-it-all dive computer you’ve been waiting for. It’s the first watch-sized dive computer to offer surface GPS navigation with full-color onscreen mapping and location reference — so you can easily mark your dive entry and exit points.
About Garmin Descent MK1 Dive Watch
Explore worlds of adventure, underwater or topside, with Garmin Descent Mk1 dive computer with surface GPS. It’s the first watch-style dive computer to offer surface (land or water) GPS navigation with color mapping, multisport features, and wrist-based heart rate. You can plan your dives right on the computer, then use GPS waypoints to mark your dive entry and exit points. Choose modes for single and multiple gas dives (including nitrox and trimix), gauge and apnea.
Garmin MK1 Built-in Features
There’s also a built-in three-axis compass for navigation above or below the waterline. The computer activates automatically underwater and uses the proven Buhlmann ZHL-16c algorithm with configurable conservatism settings. Selectable tone and vibration alerts help keep you informed and safe throughout your dive. The Garmin descent MK1 is also known as best diving watch from Garmin. Premium full-featured watch-style dive computer with surface GPS, bright 1.2″ (30.5 mm) color display. The built-in TOPO mapping, three-axis compass, altimeter, and multisport features. A stainless-steel bezel with silicone watch band. Or a deluxe DLC-coated titanium bezel version with brushed DLC titanium bracelet. Select from multiple dive operating modes (single-gas, multi-gas, gauge, apnea, and apnea hunt). High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver provides surface navigation and automatically marks your dive entry and exit points. Displays depth, dive time, temperature, NDL/TTS.
Descent MK1 Dive Watch Key Features
Dive watch Garmin MK1 has some key features which differentiate it from other smartwatches for diving, here are some key features of MK1 dive smartwatch.
- Premium full-featured dive computer with surface GPS in a sleek watch-style design; with bright 1.2” color display and TOPO mapping
- Built-in sensors include 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as GPS and GLONASS capability that lets you mark your dive entry and exit points for surface navigation
- Supports single-gas, multi-gas, gauge and apnea diving, including nitrox and trimix; plan your dives directly on the device
- Dive log lets you store and review data from up to 200 dives — and share online via Garmin Connect and its included mobile app
- Features Elevate wrist heart rate technology with multisport activity profiles, performance metrics, and smart notifications
- Battery life: up to 19 days in watch mode, 10 days in smartwatch mode, 40 hours in dive mode and 20 hours in GPS mode
- The Garmin Descent Mk1 Is Perfect for Spearfishing
- Mk1 diving watch has the beautiful watch faces.
Buy From AmazonCartvela Quick Link
Garmin Descent MK1 Other Features
Breathe Easier, Dive Better
Providing easy-to-access features for a range of diving activities — including the ability to plan dives on the device for recreational, technical and free diving — Descent Mk1 provides all the key, real-time data you need for a confident dive. The computer is automatically activated when you hit the water, showing your current depth, dive time, water temperature, ascent/descent rate, no-deco time, decompression stop information, battery life and more on the unit’s crisp 1.2” color display. You can set the audible tone and vibration alarms to provide reminders at critical points in your dive. And up to 6 different gas mixes are supported, including nitrox and trimix (up to 100% oxygen). Configurable conservatism settings let you adjust your personal safety limits.
Multiple Navigation Sensors
In addition to its high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking for map-based surface navigation, Descent Mk1 also provides a full array of ABC (altimeter, barometer, and compass) sensor capabilities for topside navigation. And the easy-to-read compass display is available for underwater use as well. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data, while the tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not. For quick access to the compass display, a handy “tap to compass” feature lets you simply double-tap the screen instead of pushing the function buttons.
Wrist-Based Heart Rate and Advance Features
Wrist-based Heart Rate
The Descent Mk1 dive computer uses Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology to optically scan your pulse (when worn in contact with your skin, not over a wetsuit or drysuit). The dive computer tracks your exertion levels and uploads your heart rate data automatically to your Garmin Connect online account for post-dive review and analysis.
Advanced Multisport Watch Features
Beyond its full range of dive computer functions, Descent Mk1 also offers a complete feature set of sports/training, fitness, and outdoor navigation tools, leveraged from our popular fēnix line of high-end multisport watches. You can tap into an array of physiological metrics, running dynamics, fitness tracking features and more — to monitor your workout stats, measure your progress and help avoid injury. Special preloaded activity profiles are provided for swimming, running, biking, hiking, skiing, rowing, paddle boarding and more. Various timekeeping, lap counts, and map tracking functions are easily accessible. Plus, for added motivation, you can even download advanced workouts and training plans to your device from Garmin Connect.
Smart Connectivity, Premium Material and Design Style
When paired with your compatible smartphone. The Descent Mk1 makes it easy to receive text messages, emails, and smart notifications right on your watch face. It also gives you access to automatic uploads with Garmin Connect, audio prompts, music controls and more. While you’re topside, friends and family members can follow your location. You can also do adventures online, in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. Or you can use GroupTrack and your map display to keep tabs on your activity-sharing buddies as you go.
Premium Materials, Elegant Style
Crafted of premium grade materials, the Descent Mk1 dive computer is available in 2 distinctive styles. A stainless steel bezel with treated silicone watch band or a deluxe titanium bezel version with brushed DLC titanium bracelet. Both models offer advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception. The EXO omnidirectional antenna in the bezel, for better reception in challenging environments (versus GPS alone). A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display. The Display with LED backlighting assures great readability in all lighting conditions, above or below the water. And for added scratch resistance, both models incorporate a high-strength domed sapphire lens.
Buy From AmazonCartvela Quick Link
The Garmin Descent MK1 Reviews
Customer’s Garmin Descent MK1 Reviews
Here are customer reviews about Garmin Descent MK1 diving watches. Check what customer says about Garmin Descent MK1.
- Great and accurate dive computer I have been using it during the last couple of months. Already have over 20 dives with it. So far, very happy with it. Have been into deco, and the instructions are clear. I have compared the bottom times with other dive computers and have been perfect matches. Got left behind by my dive group and the compass helped me out to find them again.
- Almost perfect Garmin Watch Great looking watch, and incredibly versatile for numerous activities from diving, to running, hiking, biking, mountain climbing, etc. You can even program your own workouts. The map function is incredibly useful as well.
- Good hardware user interface leaves a lot to be desired The usability leaves a lot to be desired. Both on the unit itself and the app. The interface and usability are extremely unintuitive. It’s very extendable, but the app developer community look like they’re just a bunch of amateur hobbyists. Comparing it to a Fitbit Blaze for everyday use, there is no comparison.
Overall Garmin Descent MK1 Reviews
As well as Specs are the concern the Garmin Descent MK1 is the best watch for diving purposes. Mk1 fulfills almost all specs which the diver required before diving. It has great air integration and considers as the great dive watch. The more reviews can be viewed from Garmin Descent MK1 Amazon and Garmin Descent MK1 forum. All configuration and working guidelines are given in Garmin Descent MK1 Manual. As well as Availability is the concern, The Garmin MK1 diving watches are available all over the world. Garmin is the world reputed smartwatches company and Outlets are available in UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, Dubai, Philippines, and other Countries. The Garmin has official watch for Descent MK1 known as Garmin Descent MK1 app. Garmin uses the app to update the watch’s software.
Garmin Descent MK1 Buying and Using Guide
After Reading the above article everyone wants to know, How to use the Garmin watch. Some want to purchase the Garmin watches then this time is for you. Here is complete detail about how to use Garmin descent mk1 smartwatch? and where to buy Garmin mk1 smartwatch.
How to use Garmin Descent MK1 Smartwatch?
The user guide or manual to use Garmin watch is the key book for Garmin users. The manual tells the user how to use MK1 watches. The company packs the user manual in the box with Garmin watch for the convenience of users or customers. The user manual tells the following parameters:
- The Detailed Overview of Garmin descent MK1
- How to charge Garmin watches?
- How to connect Garmin Mk1 with smartphones?
- Tells about Dive Setup, Modes, Warnings, and Data analysis
- Also Tells Multi-sport and swimming records
- How to measure Golfing and Training activities
- How to set alarms using the built-in clock from MK1
- Navigation setup, Maps, location saving
- Tracking History, Deleting and Viewing
- How to use connected features like notifications, Bluetooth, and alerts
- How to Connect with IQ Features
- Heart-Rate Features like Wrist-base Heart Rate
- Using of Garmin descent mk1 touch screen
Where to Buy Garmin Descent MK1 Smartwatch?
Here is the answer of all the below question: Garmin descent mk1 for sale?, Best Garmin descent mk1 Watches near me? What is Garmin descent mk1 best Price? Garmin descent mk1 Best Buy, How to get Garmin descent mk1 Amazon, Garmin descent mk1 eBay, What is Garmin descent mk1 cheap price? Best Garmin descent mk1 buy rates.
The best way to buy Garmin descent MK1 dive watch is from Amazon. Here is a link from where you can buy Garmin watch with a single click.
Buy From AmazonCartvela Quick Link
Garmin MK1 Dive Watch comparison with other Dive Watches
The comparison of Garmin dive watches will tell us what is the best smartwatch used for diving?. Garmin descent MK1 competes for other diving watches in almost every field and consider as best watch for diving and running.
Garmin descent mk1 vs Fenix 5x Plus
Since the Fenix 5x Plus has only water ranking of ATM 10. It is highly suggested not to try to dive with the Fenixplus. There are other hardware differences between the Garmin Fenix 5 plus series and the Garmin Descent Mk1. The difference made to improve the experience for divers with the Descent Mk1.
Garmin Descent MK1
- Garmin Descent Mk1, Watch-Sized Dive Computer with Surface GPS, Includes Fitness Features, Silver/Black
- Price on Amazon = $995 (Check More Specs)
- Customer Satisfaction = 4.5 out of 5
- Display Type: Color Display
Garmin Fenix F5 Plus
- Garmin fēnix 5 Plus, Premium Multisport GPS Smartwatch. Features Color TOPO Maps. Heart Rate Monitoring, Music and Garmin Pay, Black with Black Band
- Price on Amazon = $650 (Check More Specs)
- Customer Satisfaction = 4 out of 5
- Display Type: Color Display